Is CPAP suitable for snoring?
CPAP therapy is the most recommended and suitable form of treatment for patients who suffer from sleep apnea. CPAP treatment is also commonly used by snorers who have had little success with other treatment options, such as a Mandibular Advancement.
CPAP therapy reduces and eliminates snoring, a very common symptom of sleep apnea sufferers. Positive airway pressure machines are the most recommended form of treatment for OSA sufferers.
CPAP treatment works by providing continuous air pressure. This keeps your airways open fully throughout the night, preventing apneas from occurring. This usually eliminates and reduces snoring, a very common symptom of sleep apnea sufferers.
Some of the reasons why you or your partner are snoring at night:
- Sleeping on your back can cause your tongue to drop to the back of your mouth, causing a blockage to your airways.
- If your jaw is incorrectly positioned creating muscle tension.
- Obstructions to your nasal passageway, allowing you not to breathe out of your nose, creating a vibrating sensation.
- Excess tissue or fat surrounding the area of the throat can create a blockage to your airways.
- When your airway tissues touch, you might experience vibrations.
- If you have a weak throat, then it’s more likely to cause the throat to close during sleep, creating a blockage to your airways.
- Taking drugs or alcohol can make your muscles more prone to relaxing in your throat.
Can the use of CPAP treatment eliminate or prevent snoring?
CPAP therapy can eliminate and prevent snoring in those who suffer from sleep apnoea. The use of a CPAP machine can help treat your snoring by preventing structures in your airways from vibrating, while also keeping your airways open throughout the night.
If you snore, without suffering from any other symptoms of sleep apnoea, then you might like to consider other alternative options first. An option to consider would be the Somnofit, Mandibular Advancement. A more cost effective treatment, proven to eliminate general snoring.
If you “just” snore and do not suffer from any other symptoms of OSA, then you should consider an alternative such as a Mandibular Advancement!
Mandibular advancement are often the most recommended solution if you only have the symptom of snoring. It offers the best success rate as well as being a comfortable solution which is cost effective. The benefits of these mouth devices are instant and consistent.
Somnofit is based on a proven anti-snoring medical solution called mandibular advancement. It works by pushing the lower jaw forward, just a few millimetres while you are asleep. This moves your tongue forward and tense the soft tissue in the back of your throat. This allows for air to pass through your airway with ease. The horrid vibrations that make the snoring sound.
Somnofit is an easy-fit device that’s proven to prevent snoring. Research suggests that 1 in 4 adults in the UK snore. This not only causes disruption to the sufferer but of their partner also.